Saturday, July 11, 2009

Are there any consequences to lying about my age on a debit card application?

I%26#039;m 16 and have a checking, Paypal, and Ebay account. I%26#039;m wanting to make some fast extra cash by drop-shipping Ipods, and a visa/master card would make things ALOT easier. My bank offers Visa check cards but only to 18+ and says I would need a parent to cosign. I%26#039;m opting towards the Paypal debit card which will be linked to my account but I must also be 18, or have some kind of previous credit/debit card. What would happen if I just lied about my age? Thanks for the advice.



Are there any consequences to lying about my age on a debit card application?credot siosse





that would be considered fraud. its not legal to lie knowingly on any legally binding document. you could get arrested, or have very serious problems further down the road if you get caught. also if you have multiple tax forms, bank accounts floating around with the wrong birth date-or multiple birthdates it can raise red flags that might lead banks to think your identity has been stolen and lead to some of your accounts being frozen and you having to go through a ton of hassle to straighten it out.



Are there any consequences to lying about my age on a debit card application? loan



honestly i dont think there would be a way around it considering they have all of your information already. places like really dont even need any of your information bc once you give them a social security number they pretty much know everything. I think filling out all that extra info is like extra security. who knows. i could be wrong.. but there%26#039;s usually ways around everything these days.|||You would be fined and sent to jail at the least.|||That would be fraud, which is highly illegal. Someone under the age of 18 cannot sign a legally binding contract, that is why banks won%26#039;t issue debit or credit cards or open an individual account for minors. You parent or legal guardian must co-sign with you.|||I believe that would be called falsifying an application, I am sure the bank has rules about such things and penalties as well.|||Yes, see you in jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment