Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Opening multiple credit cards?

I am 25 years old and have build great credit over the last few years. I have a few lines of credit that I have kept open for a long time now.



My question is I always get offers and promos that look very appealing. If I keep my orinal cards open, will it hurt my score to open and close these new cards for the sole purpose of redeaming the offers???



Opening multiple credit cards?commericial loan





Opening a new account, then closing it after a year or so, won%26#039;t really hurt your score. The initial credit check might ding you a point or so. Likewise, you might lose a couple points when you close it. But your score will rebound quickly. Of course, I am assuming you are not carrying balances of more than 30% of your available limit.



Just don%26#039;t open multiple accounts in a short period of time. That will take a big bite out of your score.



Opening multiple credit cards?

loan



Yes, because closing cards hurts your credit..each time they look at your credit to see if you can be approved hurts your credit as well..|||Yes. You want to at least keep the card that has been open the longest because it holds the most credit history for you. The more credit you have, whether you%26#039;re using it or not, the more your score will be affected due to the potential debt you can accrue. Good luck, credit is a touchy area with EVERYTHING that you do having a lasting effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment