Sunday, August 9, 2009

I am a grad student with above average credit, yet I only have 1 card currently (no debt on card).?

I am looking to apply for a 2nd card, to improve my credit by opening another account, and constantly get pre-approved offers in the mail. These do however ask for personal info, including current yearly salary. Since I will not be out of grad school for 6 months and have no job currently, am I allowed to include loan money I have in salary? I know loan $$ is not technically salary, but it is what I currently live on until May and I have shown through my 1st card that I can live within my means on the loan money currently, by paying off 100% of what I owe each month on my current card.



I am a grad student with above average credit, yet I only have 1 card currently (no debt on card).?boat loans





Technically, loan money is not salary. I suggest you hold off on the second card until you actually have a job. Better still, don%26#039;t even get a second card. The debt load can sneak up very quickly when you have multiple access to credit. If you keep a good credit record on that card, the bank will keep raising your limit and so there will be no need for the second card.



Like I said, wait and then see if there is a real reason to get a second card.



I am a grad student with above average credit, yet I only have 1 card currently (no debt on card).?

loan



I would put that down as your current salary. If you are getting your credit card to boost your credit, great. That would be the only reason I would get one. Credit cards can get out of control easily. I%26#039;d look for one with 0% interest. I don%26#039;t think there is anything wrong with putting down that your loan money is your salary.

No comments:

Post a Comment