Friday, August 7, 2009

Why would ex-spouse want to use my address....How to find out if ex-spouse is stealing from our chil

Abbreviated version....I have a child living with me (since birth) that is %26quot;foster child%26quot; situation. Parent deserted this child but stays in touch enough to have %26quot;rights%26quot;. Bio -parent went through bankrupcy and I suspect is using the childs identity somehow to get money (spends excessive amounts of money!!!! where does it come from???).....how do I find this out???? I have not %26quot;legal%26quot;rights to request credit checks for my child.



The other thing....we have been getting mult credit card offers and bills at our house with ex-spouses name but OUR address....should I be worried? This never used to happen but now is starting to??? How do you find out if someone is using your address???...why would they WANT to???



Why would ex-spouse want to use my address....How to find out if ex-spouse is stealing from our child???credit counseling





Any credit card bills you get for your ex should be returned to sender. Just write %26quot;Addressee unknown%26quot; and drop it in a mail box. Don%26#039;t give it to your ex. Sounds like he is trying to scam you and the card company.



If you have a foster child you have legal guardianship awarded to you by the state. You can check the 3 major credit rating services. You can tell them you suspect someone is illegally using your child%26#039;s information for credit card fraud.



One question at a time. I counted 2. When they are totally unrelated you should submit them separately.



Why would ex-spouse want to use my address....How to find out if ex-spouse is stealing from our child???

loan



Are you getting bills and credit card offers in the child%26#039;s name or just your ex%26#039;s name?|||Talk to your social worker about this. He or she should be able to help. Also, talk to your local police about what they suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment