Friday, August 7, 2009

I am getting USPS mail at my address for another person who has never lived here.?

For about 3 years now I have been receiving mail at my street address for a women who does not live here and has NEVER lived here. Usually it is credit card offers or advertisements. I always write on the envelope that the person doesn%26#039;t live here and has never lived here, but I still keep getting mail for her. Chase Bank seems particularly persistent about wanting to give her credit. Any ideas on how to make this stop? There is only one person in my state with her name so I have considered calling this person and seeing if this is her, but haven%26#039;t really wanted to do that. I just worry that if her identity ever gets stolen they might find my address on her credit report or something and come after us.



I am getting USPS mail at my address for another person who has never lived here.?inflation rate





Try calling Chase. http://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_na...



I am getting USPS mail at my address for another person who has never lived here.? loan



Take the mail to the Post office and tell them.|||Try going to the post office %26amp; seeing what they can do about stopping the mail for her before you see it. I think they can do that.|||1st: did you speak to your mail carrier directly? If so and there is not a resolution....Put a small box out of the way somewhere and every time you get something with her name on it, put it in the box. Once the box is full TAKE the box to your local post office, and ask to see the postmaster. Give him/her the box and tell him how long this has been going on. Tell him that you know that they are very busy and that they do an %26#039;excellent%26#039; job of delivering the mail..Praise him for sharing his time, and tell him you really appreciate him handling this %26quot;FOR%26quot; you. You will no longer have a problem. You will in this life, catch more flies with honey than vinegar.|||OK, there are several things happening. I will try to clear up some misconceptions.



One, USPS is paid to deliver that mail.



Two, Unendorsed Bulk Business Mail is NOT returned without the senders guarantee of payment of postage. Most do not do that. If you write refused on the letter, or even take it to your PO, it is treated as Waste Mail and thrown out for recycling. There must be an endorsement like %26quot;Change Service Requested%26quot; or %26quot;Address Service Requested%26quot;, for USPS to do anything other than waste the item.



Third, some of that mail may also show somewhere on the face, %26quot;Or Current Resident%26quot;. You are the current resident. That type of mail is delivered to the address, not the person.



Outside of that, you may try contacting the DMA, Direct Marketing Association, through their website. I believe that you can register your address with them to have the address taken off of lists of their member companies.|||I hope you get an answer that works - I have the same problem that started a couple of months ago. Except the first item we recieved was this person%26#039;s credit card bill. I called the credit card company and they changed the address - so at least we aren%26#039;t getting mail from that particular company any more. We are getting credit offers for her. I%26#039;d say call the company sending the offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment