Sunday, August 9, 2009

I want to switch credit cards but do no want to loose credit build with current one. What should I d

Here is the deal. I have one credit card that I use and it was my 1st Credit card. I built very good credit with it. It has a bad interest rate and I am being offered a MUCH better credit card with a points/rewards program that I want to switch to use all the time. Ive heard you never want to close a credit card you built credit with but just do not use it. Is that right? Should I just lock it up safe and not use it? Should I make sure and use it here and there? I guess I should find out if it has a fee if you do not use it. Any advice on how I should do this would be great. The credit card I am wanting to get is with National City (visa)



I want to switch credit cards but do no want to loose credit build with current one. What should I do?education loans





Closing a credit card affects your credit because it will show you have a less available amount to use. If you keep it open with a zero balance that will help your score increase because it shows you now have 2 open trade lines one with a zero balance so you have a higher available credit amount. Make sure you check and see if there are annual fees.



I want to switch credit cards but do no want to loose credit build with current one. What should I do? loan



Yes, you%26#039;re right. Do not cancel the card. Merely lock it away and keep it current. If you cancel it, your credit score will decrease. Get the second credit card and use that one in place of the first one.|||Get the new card and keep the old since you have established credit with that one. Can%26#039;t hurt to have 2 cards and use the one occasionally and just pay off the balance immediately since it has a high interest rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment